These are our picks for the best of the best. They might not have crowds of scenesters waiting to get in, but we like it better that way.
- Embeya – A favorite on day one, I don’t know how they manage to constantly improve and impress- but they definitely do. Ask for the Chef’s table to see all the action from Chef Thai Dang.
- Grace – This place is exemplary for what all fine dining restaurants should be. A new classic with expert preparation, perfect service, and everything else you need to create a truly special evening.
- Au Cheval – Best.damn.burger.ever. Seriously, only go here if you can come back, or you’ll regret ruining yourself for cheeseburgers forever. Worth any wait time they give you.
- RL – A shame it’s in the same city as Au Cheval as their Polo Burger is top notch and served in delightfully preppy surroundings as you’d expect from Ralph Lauren.
- Sayat Nova – This cozy Armenian gem is a stone’s throw from Michigan Ave. and yet couldn’t be more cozy and inviting. One of the few spots in town where you can’t go wrong with a single thing on the menu. And live jazz on Tuesdays is a perfect night to settle in.
- Tanta – Sure this Peruvian spot is trendy with a sexy rooftop, but it also has killer food that keeps us coming back.
- Pequod’s – Deep dish purists pretty much only agree on one place: Pequod’s. It’s like eating cheesy heaven in a dive bar.
- Avec – This place is always chic. And since they don’t take reservations, you can jump in with the crowd if you forgot to make one elsewhere. We’re super fans of their weekend brunch too.
- Bavette’s – Continuously one of the hardest tables in town to get, and we totally understand. A perfect spot to impress a date.